Today I was named a Finalist for the Los Angeles Press Club’s Southern California Journalism Award for the 11th Year in a row. My 19th and 20th nomination were for:
- Cyber Report, the Internet Law Center’s newsletter which is nominated for Best In-House Publication. This is the 6th nomination for Cyber Report which won First Prize in 2011.
- Trophy Lives which is the sports blog I launched in 2013 which was nominated in the Best Blog Category. This is the first nomination for Trophy Lives.
The 20 nominations:
- span seven categories and also includes Online Commentary, Online Journalist of the Year, Print Commentary (smaller newspapers), Print Journalist of the Year (smaller newspapers) and Best Public Affairs Talk Show;
- include three First Prizes (Online Commentary, Print Commentary and In-House Publication); and
- include four Second Prizes (Online Commentary, Online Journalist of the Year, In-House Publication).